Little boys love their trains . My 3 year old son has been crazy about trains since forever. And I am crazy about anything “Vintage” 🙂 So how could we miss the beautiful Grapevine Vintage Railroad ! And it is just 20 minutes away from us !! Well this time our visit was just to see and ride Thomas . But we plan to go there soon again . Because I just loved the beautiful Grapevine Historic Downtown . It has a truly historic feel to it . But I will leave that here for it deserves to have its own trip and its own post .
So coming back to Thomas ! It was just great . We all were so excited to see Thomas 🙂 Even his mouth was moving just like in the TV show . That made my son gasp !
They had a tent full of train tables and building sets .. They had mini riding Thomas push cars . They had a petting Zoo . They also had a Sand Play Area which all the little kids seemed to enjoy the most ! We could take pictures with Sir Topham Hatt at a backdrop of Knapford station .
- Distance from Keller : 10 to 12 miles depending on where exactly you are .
- Time it took for us to reach there : about 20 minutes from Keller . – And I love this route so I am going to mention it here . Keep going straight on N Tarrant Pkwy , W McDonwell School Rd , left on Westcoat Dr , right on John McCain Rd , left on Colleyville Blvd . , continue on Ira E Woods Ave , continue on W Dallas Rd …. Keep going until you are at S Main St , turn left at S Main St and you are there !
- Baby friendly : They have diaper changing and nursing areas . You will not be able to take the stroller on the train though . No Ticket needed for babies younger than 18 months .
- Address: 705 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051
- Phone: (817) 410-3185
- Ticket for the Thomas Train ride : $21 each , I found a discount online on retailmenot for $3 off each [saved $12 ] !
- Food : Those $12 we saved in the tickets were well spent in funnel cakes and lemonades which are sold on the premises 🙂
So we are sure to go back there . Just this next time , we would love to take more time and go for a stroll on the Historic Main Street after the train ride . We would also like to go to Stockyards via the train which is highly recommended . SO much to do !!